Monday, August 05, 2013

Random random mix

Recently I made a new playlist, which I've copied onto two CDs.  The idea behind the playlist is to mostly include songs which are the only songs I tend to listen to by a particular artist - either because I only have one of their songs, usually from a compilation album, or because there is just one song much better than the rest.  There is also some allowance for songs that are particularly ranbdom.  This sort of playlist is known as a 'random random mix', and it allows me to listen to a wide variety of songs that I like, without wading through lots of inferior songs by the artists.  I chose enough songs to fill two CDs, then randomized the order.  Here is the resultant track listing.  I haven't listened to it yet but I'm intrigued by some of the combinations and sequences that have appeared.

CD 1
Lift It - Worldwide Message Tribe
Pinball Wizard - The Who
Afterthought - The Yearning
Smother+Evil=Hurt - The Kissaway Trail
Last Train - Lostprophets
Waverley Steps - Roddy Woomble
Be Prepared - Disney
Lifted - The Lighthouse Family
I'm Blue -Eiffel 65
Pictures of Matchstick Men - Status Quo
Pass it on - The Coral
New World - Tobymac
Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
Bitter - This is Freedom
Now We Are Free - Lisa Gerrard
Hocus Pocus - Focus
Boulevard of Broken Dream - Green Day
Sonnet - The Verve
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips

CD 2
Stan - Eminem/Dido
Summer Presto - Vivaldi
Don't Speak - No Doubt
Layla - Derek and the Dominoes
BBC Grandstand theme - London Theatre Orchestra
All Star - Smash Mouth
Dancing in the Moonlight - Toploader
Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
How you remind me - Nickelback
No Resistance - The Last Spectacular
Chop Suey - System of a Down
Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm
Parklife - Blur
Start of the Summer - YFriday
Tribute - Tenacious D
Adiemus - Karl Jenkins
Til the End - Haven
Hospital - Canterbury

No comments: