Friday, March 13, 2009

25 pieces of useless information about me

A couple of weeks ago there was a craze on Facebook of writing a list of 25 facts about yourself. This is mine, in no particular order.

1. I love the Harry Potter books. With an equal passion, I hate the films. I even blogged about it once.

2. When I was a teenager, I went to a Christian summer camp called Hebron. Since getting to old for it, I’ve been a leader there. It is the highlight of my year. I cannot describe how important Hebron is to me.

3. I live in a house with ten other people. This is both hard and wonderful.

4. I think teenagers are so much more interesting than adults. That’s part of why I’m a teacher.

5. I really can’t stand overconsiderate drivers. The ones who slow down to let a pedestrian cross the road, and in doing so hold up an entire flow of traffic. I want to scream the meaning and importance of ‘right of way’ in their face.

6. I am very fussy about films. I don’t think most films are very good at all. My most hated film is Ocean’s 12, followed by Love Actually.

7. I blog at http://benbo-baggins.blogspot.com/ and have done so for just over a year. I blog about lots of different things.

8. I am currently studying for a masters in education, focusing on the effects of Christianity, creationism and scientism on pupils’ attitudes towards science.

9. I’m not that skillful at sport. I am able to perform capably in sports because I am very fast, not because I am skillful.

10. My favourite kids TV program, and possibly favourite program of any kind, is The Legend of Prince Valiant.

11. I used to be very into Ancient Egypt, and wanted to be an Egyptologist. At 24 years old, my room at home is still decorated in an Egyptian style.

12. I don’t drink tea or coffee.

13. I like listening to music. Occasionally I get so into music that I burst into, not song, but air drumming. Even while I’m driving, which is interesting.

14. I love the Lord of the Rings film. I think that it is easily the best film ever made – approximately 4 times as good as the nearest contender. I believe that this is a matter of fact, not opinion.

15. One of the best things about sport is watching athletics on the BBC and listening to Michael Johnson as a pundit. If I could be as cool or as wise as him, I would be very happy.

16. I lived in London until I was 10, and have been back many times since. I love it, and think there’s no better city in the world (admittedly I’ve only been to Paris, Rome and Bergen (in Norway)) and I would like to live there someday.

17. I follow a blog at Nailscars.com. I stumbled across it randomly one day, and now read it every couple of days.

18. I used to play the trombone. I got to grade 8 standard. My trombone teacher was the trombonist in Les Mis in the West End.

19. I have no historical figures as heroes, but I currently have 9 pictures above my desk of people to whom I feel indebted in my life. I guess they are my heroes.

20. I once flipped 38 beer mats.

21. I hate iTunes. I hate the way it organises music, both in the player and the files themselves. I also dislike Apple advertising – how people put ‘i’ in front of a product to make it sound cool. Like iPlayer – the main thing I don’t like about the BBC.

22. If dared to do something, I struggle to resist.

23. I can touch the top of my left ear, with my left hand, having wound my left arm all the way over the top of my head and under my chin.

24. I hate small talk. If I try to explain why, I will get angry.

25. Kelly Sotherton breaks my heart every time. If she ever gets a gold, it will be one of the happiest days of my life.

No comments: