Sunday, January 04, 2009

Heat - Can I See Heaven?

Heat are a smallish worship band who, as far as I know, are still together. I saw them at Spring Harvest about 8 years ago and got their EP 'Can I See Heaven?'
For the last 8 years or so I've listened to the album every now and then, but in the last week I've realised how good it is. Only seven tracks, but all of them are beautifully put together. The general theme is prayer - crying to God for what we want to see in the world and in our own lives. The lyrics are fairly simple, but heartfelt and passionate. I don't know what the rest of Heat's music is like, but I expect this album to, 8 years belatedly, become one of my albums of the year.

Isn't is strange how this can happen - you listen to an album for years before realising how good it is.

For me, this has also happened with:
DCTalk - Jesus Freak
Killers - Sam's Town
RHCP - Californication
Sixpence NTR - Divine Discontent
Various Artists - Hungry

I expect there are more to come.

1 comment:

oftherain said...

I've been listening to this album a bit recently and I reckon it's a bit of a word to us at the moment.
Iain